Popular Posts

Sunday 10 November 2013

What's New and Plans for Next Year

The AIMExpo was awesome, and it got me all fired up for next years riding plans. Unfortunately since the Expo, I have done absolutely nothing when it comes to the two wheeled transport that we all love.



The week after the Expo I was in ground school and flight simulator training at a place called FlightSafety. Go figure. It's a big facility in Orlando that houses a couple of dozen full motion simulators. Check out the link for more info if you're curious http://vimeo.com/65849583 I fly two different types of aircraft so once a year I have a week of training on each one.

The week after that I headed to Daytona Beach to go back to school. I attended an Aviation Safety Management Program at Embry-Riddle Aeronautical University. Ya, I was the old fart on campus. I passed for a professor more than a student.

As soon as I got home from a week of that, my boss figured one day at home was enough and sent me away to work for another week. He either hates me or is too stunned to look at schedule. I think it maybe the latter.

So basically that means no editing has been done on the BigLand Adventure. So far the opening sequence is complete and most of the first episode is laid out in order. I'm starting to realize that editing a lot of video takes a lot of time. It's not the wham bam, thank you ma'am stuff I was doing with iMovie on the iPad. I hope to release episode one before Christmas. Hope, no promises.

I am also putting a book together of the trip. More as keepsake for me than anything else, so when I am really old, I can sit on the porch in my rocker and look back on it all. I've tried ebooks, but nothing replaces the look and feel of a real book in your hands. It's going to be a big coffee table style book, lots of pictures and exerpts from the blog. If anyone wants to buy one, they will be for sale.

Alright, now down to the nitty gritty……..what the hell are we doing next year for a trip. I have been thinking about that a lot lately, and believe it or not, I'd like to go back to Labrador. Not the full meal deal like this year, but I'd like to take some guys up through Baie Comeau, Manic Cinq, and to Lab City/Wabush. There are a couple of guys around here that have expressed interest in getting a taste of it.
My friend from work, John, the guy below drooling over the new Vstrom 1000.


The other day Pete was telling me his friend John, man that is a popular name, I'm gonna have to come up with some nicknames if we get anymore John's, or find some ladies of the night for all the John's. 
Shit, I'm rambling again. Anyway Pete's friend John, a loyal follower of the Bigland blog, is talking of selling is Yamaha R6 and getting an adv bike. DO IT, DO IT. Of course coming off an R6 he may need a Ducati Multistrada, the mighty power of a KLR may not be enough.
John is the guy on the left, who doesn't look like Hemmings.
John, do we have a trip for you! 

The whole trip to Lab City and back should take about five days. About the same time my wife would take to go shopping in the Boston area, but cost a lot less money. This time I want to camp more than once and spend a night in the ghost town of Gagnon. 





Route 389 from Baie Comeau to Fermont was one of my favourite parts of the trip. Nice twisty roads,  enough gravel to make it a real adventure, and you can still get your picture taken in front of the Big Land sign at the border.

So………..who's in? Late June work for all of ya? 





No comments:

Post a Comment